Saturday, January 26, 2013
I've been nominated for a Liebster award by Kat of Kat's Stitching. Thanks so much! This award is nice way for stitchers/bloggers to get to know one another and I'm honored to be chosen!
The rules are:
1. You must post 11 things about yourself
2. Answer the questions the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 new blogs & link them in your post.
5. Please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster award so I can learn more about you!
Here are 11 things about me:
1. I just got a promotion at work to supervisor, I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.
2. I am recently divorced, getting on my feet was hard but I made it and learned alot about myself in the process.
3. I tend to be very shy until I get to know people well
4. I don't own a dress, did not realize that until I started dating again lol
5. I love to read, I am a bookworm, my books are my friends!
6. I was adopted by my aunt and uncle when I was very young, they provided the love and stability of family that every kid needs
7. I have one daughter, 2 dogs and one very obnoxious yet lovable cat lol
8. I have permanent startitis, it is a condition that afflicts many stitcher's. I have found the only antidote is to keep stitching on whatever you want whenever you want
9. I love nascar, Dale Earnhardt jr is the man!!
10. I really enjoy blogging and reading others blogs, so many talented stitchers out there
11. I hate winter, being cold is not my thing, bring on summer!
Here are 11 questions from Kat:
When and why did you start stitching?
My mother started taught me how to embroider when I was 7 yrs old, I didn't learn cross stitch until I was 19. I found a kit at walmart, bought it, and the rest as they say is history lol
Do you do other crafts or have any other hobbies?
I crochet almost as much as I stitch! mostly afghans which I give away to whomever whenever the notion takes me ha
What has been your favorite project to date?
hm, I would have to say my favorite is a piece I did from a gold collections kit when I first started stitching, called Big Cats. It took me a year to finish and I still have it
Do you belong to a stitching group or guild?
I don't know of any guilds in my area, so no to that one. I do belong to several online forums such as the haed bb etc.
What's your favorite LNS? ONS?
If I lived just a bit closer I would love to visit the Silver Lining in Tulsa OK. My favorite online store is 123stitch. I do alot of shopping at hobby lobby as well
How many hours a week do you spend stitching?
It varies from week to week, my work schedule has changed so I have wednesdays off to stitch while munchkin is in school, and every other weekend. I try to stitch some at nights after work as well.
What's one thing you would love to try, but haven't yet?
Quilting, and possibly skydiving lol (just kidding wouldn't dare jump out of a perfectly good airplane!)
What does your stitching area look like?
A mess! I usually stitch either at the kitchen table or in the recliner in the living room so it sort of travels along from place to place
What is your favorite type of project? (BAP's, bookmarks, ornaments?)
I would have to say BAP's are definitely my favorite kinds of projects, as all of them are BAP's!
What is your favorite book?/Who is your favorite auther?
Oh my, I have several that I am reading at the moment, but Jim Butcher is at the top of the list along with Terry Goodkind
What is one thing you truly love about yourself?
I guess I would say that one thing I truly love about myself is that I am a kind person, I try to find the good in everyone
My 11 questions:
1. When did you start blogging and what made you decide to start one?
2. What is your favorite thing to stitch (samplers, pincushions, baby, etc)?
3. Do you keep anything you stitch or do you give it all away?
4. Have you ever given up on a project?
6. Do you have other hobbies?
7. Do you listen to music or watch tv when you stitch?
8. Have you ever tried designing your own projects?
9. Do you have to all the threads etc. kitted up and ready to start a project?
10. If you could vacation anywhere in the world where would you go?
11. Have you ever taught anyone else to stitch?
Michelle at Ozarks sew n' sews
Carla at CC's Stitching Diary
SoCal Debbie at Debbie's Cross-stitch
Kerryp77 at Ramblings of a Biscornu Addict
hkittypink at Stitchy Sam
Kate at Needles and Haystacks
Deb at The Happy Stitcher
Jan at Stitching Cats
Lesli at Fabulous Frogger
Kay at Kitten Stitching
Kim at Scully's Cross Stitching
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Monday, January 7, 2013
Here is my first update of qs literate dragon, I'm stitching 1x1 on 25 count lugana. This is after 3 days of stitching, the last 3 day weekend for me for a very long time as things are picking up at work! Here he is~
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
p.s. please ignore the time stamp, my camera is stuck in 2007 and for the life of me I can't figure out how to change it ughhh...